Samfest was a hit!
01 July 2019
On Saturday 22nd June, over 3,500 music lovers gathered at the Recreation Ground in Tongham for this year’s Samfest, an all-day festival which brings together people of all ages to celebrate music and life.
100% of the profits from Samfest will be split between several local charities, with Phyllis Tuckwell Hospice Care receiving 70% of profits and the remaining 30% being split between other local charities and community groups based in Tongham.
The festival raised money for local charities including Phyllis Tuckwell Hospice Care, which provides supportive and end of life care for adult patients and families who are living with an advanced or terminal illness, such as cancer.
“We would like to thank the organisers of Samfest for choosing to support Phyllis Tuckwell once again. It’s easy to underestimate how much work goes into putting on an event of this size and we are so grateful to Michael and the team for all the hard work and time they put in to making the 2019 Samfest such a successful family event in our community” said Charli Quay-Barnham, Community Fundraising Manager at Phyllis Tuckwell.